Recipe Collector

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Collecting...

One of the things I've always adored, and why I am not entirely sure, is collecting recipes. I don't always get to try the recipes I collect, but I do collect them. I figure that the day will come when I am able to make them, but right now it's a bit difficult with being single and no one really to cook for.

I think it's time I shared the recipes that I collect, at least then perhaps they can get made somehow. Between things I got over the years in high school meal management or just general recipes I've gotten in magazines, this blog will start to be filled with a variety of different things that look delicious.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Midalah,
    This is such a good idea for a blog. :) Every once in a while, I post vegetarian recipes on my blog, to show people vegetarian options can be marvelous, exciting, and flavorful.
    Good luck on posting recipes!

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Midalah said…

    Thanks so much! You outta try checking out Accidental Vegan in my links section. She has some great raw/vegetarian recipes that she's been posting.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did check it out, and bookmarked the blog. :) The holiday meatless loaf was really interesting. I bet I could rig up the recipe for camping, using an outdoor, solar oven. I do a lot of camping, and it would solve a lot of the refridgeration issues I have with even my vegetarian protein options.

    About the switch to raw and organic foods: I have a friend who swears by organic produce and products, as do other members in her family, due to their enhanced sensativity to antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, and such. The switch was a major turning point in her health, as was for the Accidental Vegan.

    I sometimes choose organic produce/products, though I mostly get it "accidentally" since I love shopping at my local farmers market. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home